Amsterdam, the capital of The Netherlands, is a beautiful town, famous for the Grachten, the Dutch food, the picturesque houses and surely the coffee shops. Amsterdam welcomes thousands of visitors from all over the world to spend their money and have a wonderful time.
Virtually everyone is very welcome to see the Reichsmuseum, the Leidseplein, the Dam Square, the Anne Frank House, the Vondelpark, many more attractions and have party, BUT there is “The Rally Annoying Tourist” who is not really liked.
Here are a few tips not to be “The Tourist” and if you follow them, you will enjoy a hazzle free stay!
- Don’t walk in groups and block the way. Please enjoy your viewing of wonderful Amsterdam and have a relaxed walk around, but don’t walk like a crowd of sheep and block the pathway, there are people living in this town which need to be somewhere some time. 🙂
- Don’t walk on the bicycle lane, it’s dangerous! Dutch cyclists and scooter driver are most of the time quite fast on their way and it is really dangerous to walk on the bicycle lane. The bicycle lane should never be used for casual walking.
- Be aware: “Smoking is not welcome everywhere!” Yes, Amsterdam is the town of weed and hashish and you can buy the stuff everywhere, BUT you are NOT welcome to smoke everywhere. You should only smoke at places where it is allowed and accepted and common sense dictates that you DON’T smoke at tram stations, other crowded places or wherever children are around.
- It’s really cool to explore Amsterdam by bike, but don’t cycle like a JERK! You are welcome to cycle all over Amsterdam, but keep in mind that you don’t own the street, that you should respect pedestrians and always be alert to stop. It’s absolutely not ok to cycle in groups and clocking the streets or even falling totally stoned or drunk from a bicycle.
- Don’t litter. Have your fast food and your drinks, but don’t throw your waste on the floor.
- Allrite, talking about common sense. Just behave well and don’t be a jerk!
- Enter the tram at the correct entry. Don’t waste other peoples time by being an ignorant arse.
- Be aware, there are pickpockets everywhere and they really like stoned and distracted people to steal your stuff. Always carry your important stuff like ID and money on your body.
- Don’t buy drugs on the road! Amsterdam is quite tolerant for drugs, when you follow the legal path, but when you want something stronger and buy something on the road, you play with your life!, because there is a “pissing contest” going on between producers who can produce the strongest tablets and this is no good. This contest leads to the fact the pill you get today has more than five times the strength than pills a few years ago.
If you really want to use other drugs than the legal ones available in the coffee shops, please let your drugs being tested before you enjoy them. You can test your drugs here -> DRUGTESTSERVICE! without any fear of legal problems.
- Be aware that Amsterdam is a town living from tourists and unfortunately this brings also some shady people to Amsterdam which you better avoid. Be very careful when someone whats to be your friend too fast!
If you follow these easy steps, there’s nothing which can go wrong on your stay.